Nokia N95 and smart2go satnav review published

Nokia's smart2go service offers free maps and route planning for mobiles such as the Nokia N95 which has a GPS antenna built into it. Nokia leases turn by turn navigation capability for a set fee, and you can buy this for periods a short as a week at a time.

I recently tried the combination and was rather more pleased with it than I'd expected to be. There are some issues, and they are by no means minor ones. Not least of them is the relatively poor capability of the GPS antenna which has to be 100% reliable in any satnav system. But on the other hand, I did manage to use it successfully to get from A to B.

I don't think I'd recommend anyone to choose this as their primary satnav solution at the moment. But Nokia may be onto a winner if it can iron out the problems.

TrustedReviews.com has published my review, here.