Nokia N800 Internet Tablet review published

Nokia's N800 Internet Tablet is an update of a previous model. There are plenty of advances with this new incarnation, including better memory expansion options, an improved hardware design, and faster operation which indicates an improvement in processor speed.

I have a real dilemma about this piece of kit. It is very nice to have and to use, and I did really enjoy testing it, but I'm really not sure it has a place in the market. Most of its best functions need internet access, and you can get them and much more functionality with bigger screened notebook computer and the Wi-Fi connection you need for the N800. In a world where notebook computers are falling in price constantly I wonder if the N800 will make it.

But its predecessor was an unexpected success, and maybe the N800 will follow in its footsteps.

I have written a review of the N800 for ZDNet.co.uk. Read it here.