BenQ-Siemens EF61 Mia review published

A while ago, BenQ-Siemens produced a handset called the Poppy which was, they said, a phone aimed specifically at women. Pretty pink looks and a screen which doubles as a mirror were among its key selling points for that market.

The handset has been updated by the EF61 Mia, which retains the screen-as-mirror feature and is designed in a pale blue with a flower motif. (The Poppy had one of these too- guess what it was?*)

I know there are different markets out there and handset vendors want to identify and appeal to them, but I do have trouble with the girly, girly market in phones as in other areas of life. I have trouble with the ultra macho market too in case you are wondering.

Still, not one to dismiss this handset without giving it the once over, I lived with it and gave it a full review.

There are some solid plus points - overall small size, a hardware design that sits nicely in the hand, and well spaced, easy to use inner buttons, for example. You can find out what else I think by reading my full review, at TrustedReviews.com, here.

* a poppy!