LG Chocolate KG800 review published

Why name a mobile phone after a bit of confectionary?

According to LG, because of the visual and emotional appeal that chocolate has for us, and because the company wants to transfer this appeal to a handset. Hmmm.

Whatever you feel about that idea, the Chocolate (which you can also refer to as the KG800 if you'd rather) is a bit of a mixed blessing. Its touch sensitive, glow-red front control panel looks fantastic and feels great under the fingers but I found it rather annoying to use because it didn't always respond how I expected it to. I guess I prefer tactile buttons - they deliver more of a feeling that you've actually hit them.

That and the fact that you can't build on the 128MB of provided internal memory are two key annoyances with this handset. To find out more about what I think of it read my full review at TrustedReviews.com, here.